Register

[PRIZM] MPEG2 Player

Topics on released projects. Only the author of a program should start a topic on it.
Calculators: Casio fx-CG10, Casio fx-CG50

[PRIZM] MPEG2 Player

Postby ProgrammerNerd » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:08 pm

This is more of a front-end to libmpeg2
The source code can be found at + https://github.com/ComputerNerd/Casio-p ... eg2-player
You can download the file here + Casio prizm MPEG-2 player
The latest version is 1.031 which fixes a scaling bug that causes some pixels to be ignored.
Version 1.3 fixed an issue on real hardware where the screen would get corrupt. It is highly recommend that you run the latest version. Running 1.2 or older is a bad choice.
To use this program you will see a file browser, which is set to show *.m2v files because there is no audio (but it may play mpeg2 with audio (untested) and ignores it)
As for what resolution you should make the video I would not go over half of screen resolution it should support 384x216 maximum but malloc errors are encountered
While the video is playing press exit to go back to the file browser if you want to do such.
In the readme I have included compiling instructions if you are interested in using libmpeg2 in one of your own projects.
Instructions to encode video: Show
To encode video I used the following avisynth script =
+ AviSource("FILE PATH HERE")
+ BilinearResize(176,96)
+ ChangeFPS(128,13)
+ AssumeFPS("ntsc_video")
+ ConvertToYV12()

To encode the video I used HC Encoder

There are some settings that you should be aware of please use 1:1 ratio for pixels
Also if you want height to be a multiple of 16 instead of 32 make sure progress sequence is checked (In settings 2)

Icon from http://www.pubzi.com/f/Movie-icon.svg
Last edited by ProgrammerNerd on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Calculators: Casio fx-CG10, Casio fx-CG50

Re: MPEG2 player for casio prizm

Postby ProgrammerNerd » Sun May 25, 2014 2:21 am

Sorry for the double post but I have updated my program. My update addresses crashing the calculator. Now it searches for the Save/load VRAM address and finds where it really is. The address is different depending on firmware versions. The download link is the same.

Return to Released Projects