Register

Fake Reset fx9860

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.
Calculators: Casio fx-9750GII (SH4)

Re: Fake Reset fx9860

Postby Viliami » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:18 pm

I have finished emulating the normal reset options through the RESET options through the SYSTEM menu.
But I have yet to finish the 1+3+[AC] reset.
I have emulated the on+off sequence as well.
Also, the other SYSTEM options work too now, sorry for taking so long, I got stuck on this bug for way too long, anyway it works now, it was just a problem when switching from run mat to menu.
Here is the current program: http://www.filedropper.com/fakeos

but I will post another one when I finish the 1+3+[AC] which will probably be tomorrow or Wednesday, which is hopefully before your test.

The reason you can't see the source is because the .G1A is the compiled version of the program.
You can find the source on my GitHub: https://github.com/Viliami/Casio-FakeOS
Just Open FAKEOS.C, it's pretty long (1,834 lines) and undocumented.
But the int arrays you see during the first ~800 lines, are all the pics of the menu icons, and the other pictures needed for the program. It has an explanation on the README.md file on GitHub.

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2

Postby teunater111 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:50 pm

Wow, I can't believe the work you have put into this. I simply can't thank you enough. I didn't realise what amount of time you had to put into this, but I hope you had a great journey. You truly are a good programmer!

As for the program, it really is a beauty! Is works perfectly! I love the power on/off sequence. When the 1 +3 +AC sequence is added, it's just complete! There's no way of telling if it's suspicious. They will never have the idea to press the reset button on the back. Once again, thanks a lot!

As for my test, it is taken at this Monday, so you have some time left, if you are going to make it. I really appreciate that you have finished this before my deadline. Can't thank you enough.

I think the community would greatly appreciate this too, but have you thought of bringing it out to the public? As it has it's dangers of being noticed? As for helping me, could I send you a donation or something as a gesture of my appreciation?

Postby Viliami » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:58 am

Hello teunator,
Sorry for the long wait, I couldnt make the 1+3+AC reset sequence to work, the AC key was incorrectly defined in the C file, and i cant work on it right now as im away from home for the next week and im typing this on a phone.
So, sorry about your test, Im going to finish it off when i get back home

Also, about making it public, i think i'm just going to upload it here or on ucf casio.
That way other people who also want the reset could get it, but if your teacher searches it up(pretty unlikely) then i think its only fair play that they get caught
Unless you got a better idea, thats what I am leaning towards right now.
And thank you very much for the offer but i dont have a bank acvount and i dont expect to get paid for this, I do it for fun :)

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII

Postby rg123 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:36 pm

how do i exit the program? i installed it now cannot work out how

Postby rg123 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:40 pm

ahh reset button ,gotcha

Postby Viliami » Tue May 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Also, if your reset button is broken (like mine) or just don't have anything small to press the reset button, just take out a battery, hold down the AC button for a second and then put the battery back in.

Postby 09aghandhi » Tue May 24, 2016 9:16 am

Viliami wrote:Hello teunator,
Sorry for the long wait, I couldnt make the 1+3+AC reset sequence to work, the AC key was incorrectly defined in the C file, and i cant work on it right now as im away from home for the next week and im typing this on a phone.
So, sorry about your test, Im going to finish it off when i get back home

Also, about making it public, i think i'm just going to upload it here or on ucf casio.
That way other people who also want the reset could get it, but if your teacher searches it up(pretty unlikely) then i think its only fair play that they get caught
Unless you got a better idea, thats what I am leaning towards right now.
And thank you very much for the offer but i dont have a bank acvount and i dont expect to get paid for this, I do it for fun :)

Hi, the file sharing thing your program is on does not work, for me at least, is there any other way you can share it? My email: moviesdirect007@gmail.com ...if you could send me the program i would really appreciate it. I want to be able to draw 3D graphs on my calc but if they reset it before my maths exam i will lose that program. This would be helpful as invigilators at my school aren't very smart

Postby Viliami » Tue May 24, 2016 10:10 am

It's available on my github: https://github.com/Viliami/Casio-FakeOS ... FAKEOS.G1A

click on "view raw" to download it.

Postby CrazySeal » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Hey, is there a "step-by-step" list for installing and ussing a fake reset on the fx9860? I know how to write programs on it but i don't understand the stuff written in here.

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2

Postby xioming » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:40 pm

I am also interested in a "step-by-step" list. I can not install FakeOS.

Previous

Return to General